SwiftBroadband: Fast, in-flight broadband connectivity
SwiftBroadband is the first fully IP-based, high-speed data service offering broadband in-flight connectivity including both cockpit communications and cabin applications. For government and military users, SwiftBroadband provides reliable access to command and control information resources on the ground, facilitating situational awareness. New SBB waveforms including XSTREAM and HDR are now commercially available, allowing users to upgrade existing antennas via service bulletins, upgrades allow for data rates in excess of 650 kps. Channels can be bonded permitting rates in excess 1 Mbps.
- High throughput speed up to 432 kbps over a shared channel for seamless broadband connection
- Simultaneous voice & data communications
- Standalone or simultaneous operation with Inmarsat Aero H/H+ and Swift services
- GPRS and UMTS compatible
- High and intermediate gain antennas available (mechanically steered or phase array)
- Compact, low profile antenna
- Compliant with ARINC 781
SwiftBroadband Coverage Map
Call or contact COMSAT to learn more about our services.
SwiftBroadband Product Sheet